Did I tell you that Fall is my favorite time of the year? Apple Cider, Pumpkin Spice, Crisp cool air and Smell of wood smoke in the air are all part of Autumn in New England On top of the beautiful foliage, I love that at this time of the year of the year its a great time to enjoy spending time outdoors, Autumn in the New England Region is absolutely magical. Some of our Fall activities have become family traditions that we do every year.
1. Our First activity of the season actually starts right before the season We love Apple picking and always go atleast twice a year once in September then again in October when Fall has set in. Some of our favorite locations for apple picking are Honey Pot Farms, Phantom Farms in Cumberland RI this location is perfect for young families since its a small farm and has a Corn Maze that is small enough for the little ones to explore. Nashoba Valley Orchards In October here you can enjoy a live band a glass of wine or their craft beer and pick apples. If you have a young children they can play in the open and you can bring a picnic..
2 We love foliage drives and leaf peeping. We have done day trips up north as well as weekend getaways to local leaf peeping. The trees put on a show with the reds, yellow, orange, gold colors that foliage brings, falling leaves also cover the ground making for vibrant foreground and background this makes the perfect setting for Fall Family Portraits.
3.Crunchy leaves underfoot as they fall on the ground and the crackling sound the leaves make. We also love cleaning up the leaves as a family and playing in a pile of crunchy leaves nothing spells Fall as playing in the Fall the leaves. It also makes for Fun Fall Family Portrait Sessions.
4. Pumpkin Patch! We love going to the Pumpkin Patch to pick Pumpkins, Acorn and Butternut Squash and other root vegetables. We love Pumpkin and squash soup though we also enjoy them roasted or baked. Some of our favorite farms to Pick Pumpkins are Wards Berry Farm in Sharon, Langwater Farm in Easton and new on our bucket list is Nihtila Farm in Holbrook we’ve heard so much about Nihtila that its made our list for Fall 2018 Bucket List.
5. We love setting up Bon Fires outside in the Fall and using our Wood Fireplace inside as the evening and nights get cooler theres no better way to warm up than with a fire and apple cider or pumpkin spice drinks.
6. New on our list this year will be King Richards Faire in Carver MA on Columbus Day Weekend is another Fall favorite for many of our friends and while our family has not experienced it, It is on our Fall Bucket List for 2018 A lot of our friends have reported that they truly enjoy going to the Faire every year.
7. We love Fall outdoor Picnics some of our favorite locations for picnics are Brookwood Farm in Canton, Alongside of Charles River, Boston Nature Center, Borderland Park in Easton, Bradley Estate in Canton, Pond Meadow Park and Blue Hills Trailside Musuem
8. Last but not the least is our love for the outdoors which we experience through the year but enjoy it the most in the Fall. We love hiking at the Blue Hills Reservations in Milton and other local trails through the Fall. We also enjoy doing nature scavenger hunts at Pond Meadow Park in Braintree this time of the year.
We also enjoy going to various Fall and Harvest Festivals through Autumn. Some of our Favorite Harvest Festivals include Annual Randolph Harvest Hoopla October 20th 2018 at Powers Farm Randolph MA, NRT Harvest and Fair Craft September 30th 2018 Easton, Fall Harvest Celebration at the Patriot Place in Foxboro October 27th 2018, Sheep Pasture Spooktacular October 27th and
Autumn is my favorite time of year to photograph in - that amazing glowing light, warm, rich colors, and of course family photos!! It's that time of year to update your photos for the holidays.
Have a look below at the photos from our favorite Fall Activities and let me know if you find this tips helpful or if we have the same Fall Family Traditions or added an activity to your 2018 Fall bucket list
Are you inspired for your own family's autumn session want to know more or are you Ready to book? Contact me now before autumn is gone!